Last Tuesday, August 12, we turned on the new SLPOA site. As part of the conversion the SLPOA member database was loaded on the new site and e-mails with the new logon credentials were sent out. Some people, especially those with Yahoo e-mail accounts, didn't receive them. Yahoo has an aggressive anti-spam process and it appears that those notices were caught up in it. Yahoo processes e-mails for Yahoo, ATT.net, and SBCGlobal.net
To remove SLPOA e-mails from the Spam category on Yahoo follow these steps:
- Log on to Yahoo.com (You can click here Yahoo Login to get to the Yahoo login page.)
- Click on "Spam" folder in the left column to get to your Spam folder.
- Scroll through looking for a "Welcome" e-mail dated 8/12/2014 from SLPOA.
- Click that e-mail to open it. Take note of your credentials while it is open.
- Click on "Not Spam" in the bar above the e-mail to remove SLPOA e-mail from the Yahoo spam list.
- Close the e-mail and sign out of Yahoo.
The e-mail will be delivered to your e-mail client (if you use something like Outlook). It will be dated 8/12/2014 so you'll need to scroll down to that date to find it.